Journal Inspiration: Monthly Pages Part One

I had some ideas for other types of pages I'd like to include in my book of shadows, so I'll be doing a series of posts about them as I try them out.  The first of my ideas was to create a simple page each month to highlight the moon phases.  It's partly informative and partly a record of my experiences with the cycle of the moon.  Here's an example of what I mean.  May's page is shown in the photo below.


You'll probably notice two things right away.  1. As always, there's a bunch of color.  If you haven't figured it out by now, I love color.  2. There are some moon phases missing.  Maybe I'm a bad pagan or something, but I don't pay attention to all the phases of the moon.  I practice according to the dark, new and full phases of the moon.  That's what makes sense for me, so that's what is on my journal page.

On this page, I collaged strips of washi tape and scraps of patterned cardstock onto the journal page.  I wrote the moon phase, dates and astrological sign associated with each using markers and gel pens.  I left a little bit of space to write a few key words regarding my magickal experiences during each phase.  I'll see how it works.  For now, it's a work-in-progress, just like life.

You could also create similar pages to track other things in your spiritual life during the month.  Don't worry, you don't have to go as color and pattern crazy as I do.

Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Inspiration: Connecting with Tree Spirits At Ostara

Inspiring and Intriguing Reads for 2017: A Challenge to Myself

It's been awhile, hasn't it?