Journal Inspiration: Beltane Blessing

Blessed Beltane!  I hope everyone is having an awesome day.  I thought I'd share an idea with you for pages you can create in your journal to celebrate this time of year or any time of year.  It's amazing how we're halfway through the wheel of the year since I started Visionary Night.  I feel like I haven't quite accomplished what I thought I would by now, but I'm happy with how far I've come and with where this blog is going.

It may be cliche, but this time of year makes me think of flowers.  In May, the magnolias are blooming.  It's really the best time to see them and most other flowers before the heat of summer causes them to practically rot.  My mom gave me some beautiful stickers by Mrs. Grossman's.  The name of the sticker sheet is "Spring Stems."  The stickers, along with the crazy weather we have in April and May, really inspired the art journal page I painted (see the photo below).


The basic idea behind this page is to combine an image or images (such as the flower stickers, magazine images, etc.), abstract shapes, lots of color and a blessing or prayer.  I had the idea to do a blessing because of all the crazy storms here, and it kind of took on a life of its own.  It says, "May the sun always be gentle.  May storms always be mild.  May you always have more resources than you need.  May you always live your truth.  May you always be heard.  May you always be accepted and appreciated for who you are.  May you know joy."

When I'm concerned about something, such as the storms lately, or I feel the need to shift energy towards something more beneficial, I have a tendency to write a blessing.  I create art around it (and sometimes on top of it) to activate it.  For my Beltane prayer/blessing, I chose to create around the words instead of on top of them.  I feel like it's a form of sympathetic magick.  At least that's the way it makes sense in my brain.  You can also think of it as positive thinking channeled through creative action.  It's important to hold the intention that it harms none and that it doesn't go against anyone's free will, but that goes without saying.

The great thing about a journal page like this is that you can use the supplies you have.  You don't have to use anything expensive.  It's simple to do, especially since it's basically a mix of a collage, doodling and writing.  As for the writing, it's best to write what's in your heart and phrase it in a positive way.  If you want to, you can light candles, burn incense, and use herbs and/or essential oils to boost your workings.  I used some water that I set out to soak up moonlight for my paint water.

If you try making a blessing or prayer page yourself, feel free to share the link to it in the comments below.

Blessed be!

Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Inspiration: Connecting with Tree Spirits At Ostara

Inspiring and Intriguing Reads for 2017: A Challenge to Myself

It's been awhile, hasn't it?